March 27, 2013
It feels like each day is just a whirlwind, that the speed of life has increased the older I've gotten. I'll admit, I come to my blog often and look at it. I long to write updated and current blog posts, but am afraid I'll start writing only to discover that I have nothing of importance or usefulness to say...especially since it feels like everyday is the same as the day before.
I miss blogging. I miss a lot of things I use to be able to find the time to do ...... time for crafts, time to read books for my own person enjoyment, time for household organization projects, time for exercise, time for play, etc... There just isn't time for these things right now.
I'm counting down until I am finished with grad school. I will be done just before Christmas - oh what a wonderful Christmas present that will be! While I am so glad that I decided to return to school and get my Masters degree, the pace of working full-time, being a mom to two little ones, taking care of our home and carrying the heavy workload of two classes each semester is really taking a toll on me. I'm tired!
As much as I aspire to complete my weekly assignments during the work week (they are due each Sunday evening), the truth is I just can't figure out how to make that happen and spend most of my weekends with my head stuck in a textbook and my fingers pounding on the keyboard.
If I could go back in time...I would have gone back to school much earlier...right after completing my undergrad degree. The only thing getting me through is knowing how good it will feel when I've reach my goal and received my degree.
September 27, 2012
Totally random...... Currently I'm.....
- Feeling worn out from trying to balance work, school and family.
- Wanting to build in some bi-weekly (or even weekly - if I can arrange it) ME time
- Enjoying the cool fall air that is coming in from the cracked window
- Listening to the sound of Timmy Turner from the TV - but surprisingly the kids are sitting quietly together, watching...without any issues or fights!
- A bit jealous of the mom's who don't have to work out side of the home....I wish I could be one of them...for at least a little while
- Trying not to give into mommy guilt when Hunter asks why I can't pick her up from school (darn work gets in the way!)
- Wearing my hair curly because I hit snooze one too many times this morning and didn't have time to straighten it.
- Waiting for my dryer to go off so I can fold and put away a load of laundry