One Word for 2011

January 1, 2011

This is my second year participating in the One Word project.  The idea is to identify the one word that you want to focus on for the entire year.  After lots of thought and some back and forth talk with myself, I have decided that my word for 2011 is FAITH.

My faith has been tested over the last year, as my family had a challenging 2010.  However, it's time to put those struggles behind me and focus on what is to come.   I choose this word, not because I lack a belief in God.  I am thankful for the renewed relationship I have developed with Him this year.

I did however, choose this word because often I feel unworthy of His grace and become unsure of His plan for me.  I also struggle with believing in my own worth, talents and abilities.  So, this year I will focus on my faith - faith in God's love for me, faith that He has a plan and is control, faith that I am deserving of good things and living out the dreams and goals that God has planted within me.

I participated in the Scrap Girls Thursday Challenge and made this little card as a gentle reminder of my one word.  Credits can be viewed over in the Scrap Girls gallery.

(click on the card to view it larger)

2 comments:

Ang Campbell said...

A beautiful word and focus for the new year!

Amanda said...

That's the best thing to focus on! It's tough, as my faith has been challenged many times this past year, but knowing that God is always there for you is the one thing that can keep you going.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP